Providing Skilled Assistance to Clients Throughout Northern Virginia
The Virginia divorce attorneys at Maddox & Gerock handle all types of family law issues, applying common sense and a reasoned approach to each case. We have guided thousands of people through the procedures involved in fault divorces, no-fault divorces, annulments and related cases.
Our attorneys have the experience to help with even the most complex matters, such as cases involving complex jurisdiction issues. We frequently handle:
- International divorce — Three of our lawyers are members of the International Academy of Matrimonial Attorneys, which gives us particular insight and ability in these complex cases.
- High-asset divorce — From dividing businesses and professional practices to maintaining a certain lifestyle after divorce, we are skilled in the issues that often arise in high-asset cases.
- Military and government divorce — We are experienced in domicile and residency requirements for obtaining a divorce, dividing military pensions, the Federal Employees Retirement System, the Civil Service Retirement System, Thrift Savings Plans and other issues.
- Contested divorce — The attorneys of Maddox & Gerock are experienced litigators and appellate lawyers who have argued before judges in divorce courts throughout Virginia. However, in order to save our clients the expenses and stress of a trial, we usually try to resolve divorce disputes out of court.
- Uncontested divorce — Virginia law was recently updated to allow parties to proceed with divorce through written affidavits. This means that if you and your spouse truly agree on all issues, you can likely get divorced without ever setting foot in a courthouse.
Our work is devoted to the many difficult issues that must be resolved when filing for divorce, including:
- Child custody and visitation — temporary custody, legal custody, physical custody, joint custody, sole custody, visitation, paternity, relocation, paternity testing and more
- Child and spousal support — child support enforcement and modifications, alimony disputes and more
- Property division — marital debts and assets, property partitions, retirement accounts, stock options and investments, qualified domestic relations orders (QDROs), separation agreements, premarital agreements and more
For divorce appraisals tailored to your specific needs, please call our Falls Church office at 703-883-8035 or send us an email.