Northern Virginia Divorce Attorneys
The Virginia divorce lawyers at The Maddox Law Firm, P.C. handle all family law issues, applying common sense and a reasoned approach to each case. We have guided thousands of people through the procedures involved in contested divorces, uncontested divorces, fault divorces, no-fault divorces, annulments, etc.
Our attorneys have the experience to help with even the most complex cases, such as military divorces or divorce decrees involving international family law and / or jurisdiction issues. Most of our work is devoted to the many difficult issues that must be resolved when filing for divorce, including:
- Alimony - spousal maintenance, separate maintenance or spousal support
- Child custody and visitation - temporary custody, legal custody, physical custody, joint custody, sole custody, visitation, paternity, relocation, paternity testing and acknowledgement of paternity
- Child support - child support orders, child support enforcement, child support modification and contempt of court
- Enforcement - contempt of court, income assignments, income deduction orders, judgments and garnishments
- Marital agreements - prenuptial marital agreements, postnuptial matrimonial agreements, marital separation agreements, marital property agreements, and other arrangements providing marriage and divorce protection
- Name change orders
- Post judgment modification - modification of alimony, spousal maintenance, child custody, and / or child support and visitation for those already divorced
- Property Division - marital debts, marital assets, property partitions, retirement accounts, 401(k) plans, pensions, military retired pay, government retirement benefits, civil service pensions, stocks, bonds, qualified domestic relations orders (QDROs), and survivor benefits
- Spousal Support – post-divorce recovery of spousal support, spousal support arrearages, spousal support enforcement, and income deduction orders
The attorneys of The Maddox Law Firm, P.C. are experienced litigators and appellate lawyers, and have argued before judges in divorce courts throughout Virginia. However, in order to save our clients the expenses and stress of a trial, we usually try to resolve divorce settlements out of court.
For divorce appraisals tailored to your specific needs, please contact the Northern Virginia divorce lawyers of The Maddox Law Firm, P.C. today. For further information about a variety of legal topics please visit our E-Newsletter, our Web Blog our Family Law Information Center, or our Child Custody & Visitation Practice Center.